JOURNEY 2 FREEDOM
OUR PURPOSE – WHY WE EXIST
Freeing men to Live Real through connections with God, others and themselves
Seeing thousands of men set free to discover their true life purpose through Getaway Weekends, authentic friendships and faith communities to courageously live it out in service to God, family, and neighbors.
Men who are:
- Isolated and “stuck” in a busy, crowded world, even in church
- Turned off by certain organized religions of rules, hypocrisy and distorted images of God
- Searching for significance in something more than Possessions, Performance and and Power
OUR STRATEGY – THE CHURCH PARTNERSHIP INITIATIVE – ( CPI )
Serving Pastors, Ministry Leaders and their men.
A Catalyst for Men of Faith
Creating GETAWAYS removed from the city, the distractions and the noise.
- a slower pace, rest, and great food
- deeper connections with Christ
- new awareness into their souls
- more authentic friendships and camaraderie with other men.
The CPI Getaway Weekend can be customized to help start or enrich:
- Small groups for Men’s discipleship /or a support network
- Men of Service- seeing men step out of passivity and into service for their family and community. (Church being one of many ways to serve)
We lead men toward:
- Discovering the power and purpose of his story in God’s unfolding plan
- Developing the whole person: Body – Mind – Soul
- Resilience and the courage to start again after failures
- Greater awareness of…
- how we hide
- fears that drive us
- I AM NOT ALONE! & ME TOO!
- Getaway Weekends (Church Partnerships Initiative) – (Winter, Spring and Fall 2019)
- Round Tables (Getaway follow-up small groups)
- Wild Game Dinners (building a team of volunteer leaders to host quarterly feasts through 2019)
- Outdoor Adventures (Teaming with Sojourney Expeditions to provide men an outdoor experience of God’s majesty and awe in Big Bend National Park – Spring & Fall 2019)
Steve Cooper – Executive Director and Volunteer Support Staff
“I have been chosen to proclaim good news of real freedom for the oppressed, imprisoned, blind and shackled.” Luke 4:18
C.S. Lewis said, “Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another”:
“What, you too! I thought that no one but myself…”